The Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Periodontics enjoys a long history of scholarly activity. Our faculty’s interests span scholarly areas ranging from the basic biological aspects of periodontal disease to the development of innovative teaching methodologies and educational evaluation.
Major areas of investigation include:
- Immunobiology of periodontal diseases
- Genetic risk for periodontal diseases
- Impact of periodontal infections on systemic health
- Biostatistical evaluation of periodontal diseases and meta-analyses
- Development of communication skills in dentistry
- Assessment of dental curricula